« Home | where do i go from here? » | parents buying the beer » | teen blogs » | effin language » | where are the parents? » | russian roulette » | it's easier than you think » | it's a no win situation » | someone stand up for the pages! » | labels »

aha! i get it!

i've been thinking about this blog and how i want to proceed from here (see yesterday's post) and after getting a phone call today from a parent who's child has just gone through a life changing decision, i've been doing more thinking about who i am and how i respond to different types of situations.

i've realized that i have interacted with a lot of kids that are in crisis or going through a very stressful time. and i started wondering why. i feel like it's the gifts that God has given me and the ministry that He has called me to. there have been times when i get upset with other youth pastors i know becuase i've felt like they should be more involved in a certain kid's life and be there for them as they go throough hard times. even after a youth pastor finds out about something, i have felt like they don't care or do enough.

in thinking about this and the situation that was shared with me through the phone call, i came to a realization... a conclusion of sorts. God gifts and equips us all differently. i know that - have known that for a long time. so why didn't i latch on to that truth when thinking about other youthworkers and what i defined as their weaknesses.

God has blessed me with the opportunities to help kids who are in crisis. He has put kids in my life who have or will have struggles and i think He's asking me to just be a presence in their lives. and in the same way, He has gifted, equipped, and called others to minister in other ways. so instead of me getting upset with others, i should be praising God for the ministry He has given me and supporting and encouraging others in the ministry God has called them to.

i feel real stupid and shallow at the moment. but it's a lesson learned and i thank God teaching me. from here on out i will look at ministry differently, especially mine. i won't take the opportunities He gives me for granted. He's giving them to me for a reason.

back to this blog. i understand now why my posts sound so heavy. it's because they reflect the ministry i am in. i will try to find a way to share what's on my heart without making it sound so gloomy.

About me

  • I'm youthworker4all
  • From colorado, United States
  • i am a youthworker. it's not what i do - it's who i am. i am passionate about helping today's teenagers find their way through their world. i wish more adults understood this world and would reach out to our youth. what a different world this would be.
My profile